Thursday, February 17, 2011

My Picks for GMA Dove Awards

As promised, I will now give you my picks for who I think should win the selected Dove Awards that I posted up on my blog yesterday. Feel free to comment and let me know who you think should win some of the awards. And don't forget to go here to see the full list of Dove Award Nominees!



Song of the Year
Winner-"Our God" by Chris Tomlin
Runner Up-"Get Back Up" by tobyMac

Male Vocalist of the Year
Winner-Chris Tomlin
Runner Up-Brandon Heath

Female Vocalist of the Year
Winner-Natalie Grant
Runner Up-Francesca Battestelli

Group of the Year
Winner-MercyMe
Runner Up-Tenth Avenue North

Artist of the Year
Winner-tobyMac
Runner Up-Chris Tomlin

New Artist of the Year
Winner-Kristian Stanfill
Runner Up-Chris August

Rap/Hip Hop Recorded Song of the Year
Winner-"Background" from Rehab by Lecrae
Runner Up-"No Be Nah" from Sex, Drugs, and Self Control by John Reuben

Rock Recorded Song of the Year
Winner-"The Sound (John M. Perkins Blues)" from Hello Hurricane by Switchfoot
Runner Up-"Dear X (You Don't Own Me)" from Horseshoes and Handgrenades by Disciple

Rock/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year
Winner-"Tonight" from Tonight by tobyMac
Runner Up-"Lift Up Your Face" from Move by Third Day

Pop/Contemporary Recorded Song of the Year
Winner-"Get Back Up" from Tonight by tobyMac
Runner Up-"All of Creation" from The Generous Mr. Lovewell by MercyMe

Rap/Hip Hop Album of the Year
Winner-Rehab by Lecrae
Runner Up-Between Two Worlds by Trip Lee

Rock Album of the Year
Winner-Horseshoes and Handgrenades by Disciple
Runner Up-Memento Mori by FLYLEAF

Rock/Contemporary Album of the Year
Winner-Tonight by tobyMac
Runner Up-Move by Third Day

Pop/Contemporary Album of the Year
Winner-Jars of Clay Presents The Shelter by Jars of Clay
Runner Up-Love Revolution by Natalie Grant

3 comments:

Shannon said...

pretty good picks Justin! I do have to disagree with you on the female vocalist category tho. I would flip your picks. Francesca as the winner, and Natalie as the runner up. ;)

Great looking blog! Keep it up bro!

Mike said...

Some great choices. I haven't seen the list of nominees yet, I agree with most of your choices. Man, I still got to hear Rehab. Everyone says it's great!
-Mike

Justin Morden said...

@Shannon haha Yeah, I knew you'd say that. But Natalie is better and Francesca won last year! :D

@Mike Thanks. I haven't heard the entire album yet, but what I have heard is really good. I'm planning on buying it soon. :)