Monday, February 21, 2011

WinterJam: Through the Eyes of A First Time Volunteer!

 
A friend of mine named Trisha McCreary had the opportunity to volunteer at Winter Jam in South Carolina. She agreed to share her experience there here on my blog.

I have always had a heart/passion for volunteering and this past year God has blessed me tremendously! God made it possible for me to volunteer at Winter Jam 2011 in Greenville, SC; so, I asked my mom to volunteer with me. Though, she was not too thrilled about the idea of volunteering, she decided to. Let me tell you, I was sooo thankful!!  So, when Friday came around I woke up extremely excited that I was actually going to be volunteering and could not wait to find out what job my mom and I would have. To our amazement we ended up volunteering to sell Francesca Battistelli's merchandise with a really nice guy, whom I will leave nameless. Boy, it was a huge blessing to be given this opportunity. As time rolled around for the doors to open people began to get pumped. They came rushing through the doors as if they were already missing the best part of the show, (hahahahahaha!) The crowds became flooded with people who were filled with sooo much excitement, it made me smile! This will definitely be an image I will never forget! Winter Jam slowly began to start and I was sooo happy to be able to hear it out in the hallway, joy filled the air; as I enjoyed every minute of it! The Winter Jam Tour definitely did not disappoint! Though, I was not able to see the whole show, nor meet any of the bands. My mom and I were blessed to see some of "Newsboys" performance. Newsboys has been one of my favorite bands for a long time now and I knew they were planning something crazy awesome! Their set included a lot of amazing songs, 3 of which were "Born Again," "Mighty to Save," and "Miracles!" It was during their song "Miracles" when I began to really smile! Michael Tait began to sing and out of nowhere Jeff and Jodi began to be lifted off of the stage. Yes, I said it... They were flying, instruments included! While Duncan kept the beat with his "Out of this World" drumming! It is sooo amazing what they do with technology, soo awesome and cool! Though, I would have loved to see  all of the artists on the Winter Jam Tour like “Sidewalk Prophets," "Chris Sligh," "Chris August," "RED," "KJ-52," "NewSong," "Francesca Battistelli," "Kutless," and "David Crowder Band," performances too and hear Tony Nolans sermon; I am grateful that my mom and I were able to watch the "Newsboys." Soon after the show ended the crowds dissolved and the atmosphere grew quiet and I realized that I, too had to leave soon; but I did not want to. Well, this is my point of view; I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed experiencing it.  God Bless you!

4 comments:

Renee said...

Very interesting! It sounds like a lot of fun to get to work at the merch table... but it's too bad you didn't get to meet any of the bands :( Hopefully you will next time!!! Thanks for sharing your fun volunteering experience with us! :)

Jay said...

Great review, Trisha! ;) Glad to hear that you had fun volunteering! :)

Josh said...

Very good review. I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing :)

TrishaNicoleMcCreary said...

Thanks Renee, Jay, and Josh for your encouraging words! It was tons of fun, but it was more of a blessing for me! Hopefully, next time I'll be able to meet some of the bands, that would be awesome! You guys are very welcome, glad Justin let me share my experience with you guys! God Bless... :)