Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Concert Review: Chris Tomlin "Hello Love Tour"

After writing my recent review for the Chris Tomlin album, I decided that I would post this review for the "Hello Love Tour" that I attended back in September of 2010. This is the first concert review I ever wrote, so it is mediocre, but I want to post it anyway.


I was at the Chris Tomlin concert last night at the new Consol Energy Center, here in Pittsburgh, PA! It was AWESOME!!! First, Kristian Stanfill and his band came out and opened up the concert for Chris. They sang a few songs, ending with Jesus Paid it All, a hymn. Then, there was a 15 minute intermission. 
After the 15 minutes were up, all the lights went out except for one soft, blue light that shone towards the stage. Everyone began to cheer as they knew that the concert was about to get underway! A minute later, the dark figure of Chris Tomlin could be seen running onto the stage. Everyone went wild with cheers and clapping! The intro to Our God began and then a spotlight came down on Chris Tomlin as he began singing the first verse. When the chorus began, more lights turned on and the entire stage and crowd could be seen! Everyone was clapping and cheering and singing along with Chris. After Our God, Chris moved onto Sing Sing Sing which got everyone even more excited! We were jumping up and down and Chris even asked everyone to start dancing during the song! 

After the song was over, Chris's new song I Will Follow began! It is one of my favorites and I was really happy to hear it! Then he sang Jesus Messiah! After that, he moved on to Your Grace is Enough, a great worship song.
After those first four songs, Chris Tomlin switched to slower rhythm songs such as I Will Rise and Amazing Grace. During this period, he also sang the worship songs Forever, Holy is the Lord, and How Great is Our God. He finished the concert with Indescribable and then left the stage.
There was a loud, long cheer afterwards as the crowd called for a Curtain Call. Finally, Chris returned as sang one more song-God of This City. He also sang the bridge and chorus of Our God afterwards to the same rhythm of God of This City. That finally ended the concert after Chris Tomlin thanked everyone. 


Altogether, I had a great time at the concert! Chris Tomlin is an amazing singer! I'd like to thank 101.5 WORD-FM for doing a ticket giveaway in which I won four tickets. I'd also like to thank God especially for making me win the tickets. And thank you, Chris Tomlin, for a great concert!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

That's awesome, Justin! Sounds like you really had fun.

Mike said...

Awesome! Sounds cool! :D

Justin Morden said...

@Lisa Yeah, it was a lot of fun. And I went with two of my bros and my mom so it was a pretty special event for me. :)

@Mike Chris Tomlin is awesome!

Josh said...

Good concert review from Chris Tomlin I enjoyed it but I did see you spelled Kristian Stanfill wrong. It did say Kristian Standfill which looks real weird. You can fix that when ever you get a chance to. I only know this since I love music from Kristian Stanfill and also Chris Tomlin too :) speaking of Chris Tomlin he has new songs on the new Passion Here For You album check them out as soon as you can :)

Justin Morden said...

@Josh oops. typo. Thanks for letting me know. I'll fix it right away. :)

Josh said...

Your welcome Justin I see it is fixed now :)