Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Just for Fun: Music Tag Game

My friend Jay tagged me in this game he did on his blog and I'm going to do it as well and I hope you join me. To play, write down ten bands that come to mind. Don't read the questions below yet until you have written these down or you will just spoil the fun.

Anyway, here are the ten bands I came up with and here are the questions and answers:
1. Newsboys
2. Skillet
3. Tobymac
4. Building 429
5. FM Static
6. Natalie Grant
7. Britt Nicole
8. Chris Tomlin
9. Jeremy Camp
10. Switchfoot

Q1. What was the first song that you ever heard by number six? (Natalie Grant)
I think it was Held. That's also one of my favorites from her.

Q2. What is your favorite song by number eight? (Chris Tomlin)
Probably "How Great Is Our God." It's one of my favorite worship songs and I really like it.

Q3. What kind of impact has number one had on your life? (Newsboys)
Newsboys's songs are ones that many times I can relate to. I like the band's story as well, coming from Australia and trying to fit in here in America. Now, they are one of the biggest Christian bands in the country and maybe even the world!

Q4. What is your favorite lyric by number five? (FM Static)
"I'll do my best, don't get upset. Sometimes my brain says no, but my heart says yes." That's the first line and chorus from the title track of FM Static's new album My Brain Says Stop, But My Heart Says Go.

Q5. How many times have you seen number four in concert? (Building 429)
I have never seen them, though they did come to Pittsburgh once, but I was unfortunately unable to go. However, I plan to go to one of their concerts sometime.

Q6. What is your favorite song by number seven? (Britt Nicole)
"The Lost Get Found" which was a hit on radio and one that I just had to download for myself!

Q7. Is there any song by number three that makes you sad? (tobyMac)
No, I don't think so. I always seem to get happy, not sad, when listening to Toby's songs. :D

Q8. What is your favorite song by number nine? (Jeremy Camp)
I'd have to say "Lay Down My Pride" which has a great beat and great lyrics!

Q9. How did you first discover number two? (Skillet)
A friend of mine from Virginia send me a link to the band's "Monster" video on Thanksgiving of 2009. So, I'm a new fan of the band, but they quickly became one of my favorites!

Q10. How did you first discover number three? (tobyMac)
I first heard his song "Gone" on the radio and I really liked it. After that, my brother got one of Toby's albums and I got to know more of his music.

Q11. What is your favorite song by number four? (Building 429)
I really like the song "Always" because of the story behind it and the message they send through the song.

Q12. Is there a song by number eight that makes you sad? (Chris Tomlin)
Not really, though a lot of his songs have much emotion in them, but I've never been made sad by listening to them.

Q13. How many times have you seen number six live? (Natalie Grant)
I think it would be really cool to see Natalie Grant live, and she did come to Pittsburgh once with Britt Nicole and another artist, but I was again unable to go, but I hope to see her live one day as she is my favorite female singer.

Q14. What is your favorite song by number one? (Newsboys)
Definitely "Breakfast" which I am sure is probably most Newsboys fans' favorite as well! This song is so catchy and is off the band's best album ever Take Me To Your Leader!

Q15. How did you become a fan of number ten? (Switchfoot)
During the first year of when I began to listen to Christian music on the radio, I heard Switchfoot's songs "This Is Your Life" and "Dare You To Move", both of which I really liked. After listening to the full Learning to Breathe album, I became a true fan of the band!

So those are my answers to the questions. This is supposed to be a tag, so I'll tag the following people. If you are tagged, please reply to this post and let me know your answers to these questions. Either comment on this page or write up a post of your own on a blog or create a note on Facebook and send me the link in a comment! :)
Josh
Mike
Sam
Shannon
Lisa
Renee

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Justin!
My answers: http://lifewithlisap.blogspot.com/2011/04/fun-stuff.html

I enjoyed reading yours!

Josh said...

1. tobyMac
2. dc Talk
3. Audio Adrenaline
4. Rebecca St. James
5. Manafest
6. Starfield
7. Downhere
8. Brian Doerksen
9. Kutless
10. Skillet

Q1. What was the first song that you ever heard by number six? (Starfield) that would have been any albums from the first album that was called Tumbling After and the song would be Filled With Your Glory :)

Q2. What is your favorite song by number eight? (Brian Doerksen) I would say You Shine as it is a awesome worship song :)

Q3. What kind of impact has number one had on your life? (tobyMac) I would say that he has a big impact on my life as he is my most favorite Christian artist and his music has impacted my life a lot :)

Q4. What is your favorite lyric by number five?
(Manafest) I would all of the lyrics in Impossible with Trevor McNevan from Thousand Foot Krutch :)

Q5. How many times have you seen number four in concert? (Rebecca St. James) I haven't seen her in concert yet but I would love to some time soon I hope :)

Q6. What is your favorite song by number seven?
I would say the new song called You're Not Alone since it is a awesome song :)

Q7. Is there any song by number three that makes you sad? (Audio Adrenaline) no I don't think so since all songs from Audio Adrenaline are totally awesome get me singing along and rockin out on my air guitar :)

Q8. What is your favorite song by number nine? (Kutless) I would say What Faith Can Do since it is a real awesome song :)

Q9. How did you first discover number two? (dc Talk) I got this album called Welcome To Freak Show which was a live album from dc Talk and I loved it after that I wanted to get more music from dc Talk :)

Q10. How did you first discover number three? (Audio Adrenaline) my cousin gave me this awesome album called Underdog and I listened to it and I loved it so much after that I wanted to get more music from the band :)

Q11. What is your favorite song by number four? (Rebecca St. James) I would say her version of You Never Let Go from her new album called I Will Praise You :)

Q12. Is there a song by number eight that makes you sad? (Brian Doerksen) no there isn't any sad songs just good worship songs that lead me into worship with God :)

Q13. How many times have you seen number six live? (Starfield) I have seen them in concert twice and it was awesome both times :)

Q14. What is your favorite song by number one?
(tobyMac) I would say Tonight with John Cooper from Skillet as it is a totally awesome song :)

Q15. How did you become a fan of number ten? (Skillet) I seen the music video for Alien Youth and I just loved the music from the band after that I wanted to get any music I could from the band after that :)

^ That is all my answers there

I also enjoyed reading your answers too :)

Justin Morden said...

I enjoyed reading both of your answers. Good artist choices! :)

Josh said...

Thanks Justin I am glad you enjoyed mine :)

CoUrTnEy said...

I loved your answers! I also got tagged by JaY you can read my answeres if you want to! http://thechristianmusicjunkie.blogspot.com/2011/04/music-tag.html