Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bible Verse of the Week: 1 Chronicles 16:24

"Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous deeds among all the people." 1 Chronicles 16:24
Speaking of God to a multitude of Christians is one thing, but talking about Him openly with Christian despisers is another thing entirely. Think about the word "declare". In my opinion, I think that word means to speak out openly or to announce. I have never had the opportunity to share Christ to non-believers, but I have to question if I would freely speak of what God has done in my life when I am sure that I will be criticized for it or worse. I recently finished a book about the Apostle Paul. I was moved by the part when Paul was commanded to stop speaking about God, but he continued to do it. He was beaten, jailed, and became extremely ill. He started to wonder to himself if his mission was all for nothing, but he experienced God's gift of grace and strength to help him through his imprisonment. After reading this, I think I can confidently say that I would gladly declare to Christians and non-Christians about God's glory and wonders. But our true tests are yet to come to declare Him to all peoples. And I can guarantee that fulfilling God's plan will not be easy, but with Him, we will have strength to continue.
~Jesselyn

4 comments:

Mike said...

Amen! Great post. I have recently been trying to share God's Word with atheists on twitter. Unfortunately they tend to smear my name and hurl insults. It can be rather discouraging, but I know that since I am doing what God wants me to, it doesn't matter how many seeds sprout at the time of my planting. Eventually we will reap if we do not grow weary.
Thanks for sharing that Scripture and post! Very encouraging. :)

Justin Morden said...

Great choice for Bible verse, Jess, and a great devotional as well. I really liked the topic you brought up.

Jesselyn said...

I really commend you, Mike, for sharing the Gospel to non-believers! I am sincerely glad that this was an encouragement. Thanks, Justin; God guided my thoughts (and fingers).

Josh said...

That was very good and encouraging keep it up :)