Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bible Verse of the Week-Jeremiah 17:10

"I, the LORD, search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve." Jeremiah 17:10
I do not know about you, but I feel kind of sheepish whenever I read this verse. Man can be very good at hiding and covering up feelings, thoughts, actions, and words. Man can hide sin from other men, but man cannot hide sin from God. God knows all things which includes everything we think and do. I recollect many purposeful sins that I did but thought with satisfaction that no one would ever know; no one did find out a lot of times. I now fear what God was thinking at the time, and I am certain that He was displeased with me! However, because I have a merciful Father, I know that He forgave me when I asked of it from Him long ago. If there is a recurring sin that one is committing, and is hiding the sin quite perfectly, would not his conscience just kill him if he read this verse in the Presence of God? My preposition to you is to pray for God's forgiveness for any sin that you have, for He is faithful and just and will grant forgiveness and cleanseliness when you confess. If you are feeling so weighed down by a sin, remember that God does not tempt us beyond what we can bear and always provides a way for us to stand up under it. And as an extra incentive for you to act in obedience, remember that God will reward you according to your behavior. ~Jesselyn

No comments: