Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Bible Verse of the Week: Judges 2:1b

"I brought you up out of Egypt and led you into the land that I swore to give to your forefathers. I said, 'I will never break my covenant with you.'" Judges 2:1b
The statement "I will never break my covenant with you" has such a reassurance. It was, and is, God's promise to NEVER break any covenant. God had sworn to the Israelites and kept His promise although it was years afterwards. It is so securing to know that God will never break a promise. What a privilege it is to actually have the Lord say such a declaration! What a peace it is to know that everything that the Lord says and promises will be fulfilled! It lets us know that we can rely on Him, and being able to rely on God greatly strengthens our trust in Him. Man does not always keep his promise, but the Lord's promise will stay true forever! ~Jesselyn

No comments: