Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bible Verse of the Week: Galations 2:20

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself for me." -Galatians 2:20
Paul trusted in Christ's crucifixion of putting an end to his old sinful life. When he received Christ, he was dead to this world yet alive to God. Crucified with Christ, and yet risen with Christ in the newness of life! Next, God first gave us life because life is essential for us to partake in spiritual matters on earth. Our union with Christ is what causes our faith to become greater. With faith, we know God's excellence and cling to Him. Those who have such faith that is never wavered are blessed with God's strength. Giving up the old life to acquiring such faith in Him is a wonderful depiction of the Christian life. -Jesselyn

No comments: