Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Bible Verse of the Week: Philippians 3:8a

"What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things." -Philippians 3:8a
Spiritual knowledge of Christ must be personal knowledge of Him. We must know Christ ourselves, not through another or through visionaries, but as the Word reveals Him to us. We must know His natures, attributes, works, and glory, to name a few, and meditate upon Him. In order to know Him, we must love Him and commit to Him. Knowledge of Him will be a satisfying knowledge that fills to the brim. Also, the knowledge of Him will be an exciting knowledge that constantly seeks to know more of Him. Knowledge of Him will be so happy that it upholds and strengthens when during the many trials faced. I encourage you to deepen your knowledge of Jesus Christ and grow in your relationship with Him today, for He has given me satisfaction, excitement, and happiness. -Jesselyn

2 comments:

Josh said...

That was very good and I liked it a lot. Keep it up.

Jesselyn said...

Thanks, Josh! I am truly grateful for my salvation. Thank you so much for commenting!