Sunday, January 1, 2012

Best of 2011-Top 10 Albums

Now that we are in the new year, it is time for me to give you my top 10 lists of 2011! I will be giving you my top ten songs of the year and my top ten albums of the year. First off, here are my top 10 albums of the year-the ten albums that you need to have!."
10. Listen To The Sound by Building 429-This album did not gain as high of ratings as I expected it to, but it is still a great album with a strong package of songs. The single "Listen To The Sound" was one that I could not stop listening to the first couple months after its release, and its more recent single "Where I Belong" further shows why this album is on my list.

9. One Silent Night: An FFH Christmas by FFH-Unless you are new to this site, then you remember the giveaway I held for this album which is now one of my favorite Christmas albums. With very well done covers on classics as well as great new Christmas songs, it should be no surprise why this album made it to the top ten albums.

8. Rehab: The Overdose by Lecrae-Though not as good an album as its predecessor, Rehab: The Overdose remains an amazing album that features some of the best of Christian Hip Hop. Lecrae certainly knows how to continue in successful albums and we should all be looking forward to his next record which he is currently working on.

7. Aftermath by Hillsong United-Seriously, this album should have made a much bigger scene in the music industry. Has Hillsong United ever failed to give us an album full of amazing songs of worship? Answer: No. And this album is no different. If you have not listened to this album, I suggest you make this one of your next buys.

6. The Great Awakening by Leeland-I had the pleasure of reviewing this album for ChristianMusicReview.org, and I am very glad I did! In short, this album has received a nomination for Best Contemporary Christian Music Album at the 54th Grammy Awards. 'Nuff said.

5. 10,000 Reasons by Matt Redman-One of the most famous figures in modern worship, Matt Redman released this powerful live record in the summer of this year. The album proved to have few faults, becoming the first album by a British artist to hit No. 1 on the Christian Albums list on Billboard.com.

4. My Brain Says Stop, But My Heart Says Go by FM Static-The side project created by members from Thousand Foot Krutch is almost just as good as TFK itself! This album featured catchy tunes that listeners will love, and I really wish I had reviewed it. If you do not have this album and love TFK's work, then you have to buy this record!

3. The Love In Between by Matt Maher-Alive Again really showed Matt Maher's amazing songwriting and singing talents. This year's record confirmed those talents and featured maybe even better songs! The Love In Between is certainly a must-have album for CCM fans.
2. On Fire by Peter Furler-Peter album was a much anticipated release following his leave from the Newsboys. This record featured similar sounds as when he was with the Newsboys along with a dance/techno feel. It would not surprise me if this album garners Peter a Dove Award nomination, because he certainly deserves it!
1. This Is What We Believe by Aaron Shust-Wow, this album was totally amazing and tops all other albums of the year! This features Aaron Shust's hit single "My Hope Is In You" which topped the charts on so many Christian radio stations and certainly should have charted higher on the Billboard charts. Your collection of Christian albums from 2011 is not complete without Aaron Shust's latest record!

And there you have it! Comment and let me know what you think of my list and what albums you would have up there! I will be posting my Top 10 Songs of 2011 very soon!

6 comments:

Josh said...

Nice top ten albums there. I would say all of those albums would be in my top albums for 2011.

I also would add these albums......

I Will Praise You by Rebecca St James
Music Inspired By The Story by Various Artists
God's Not Dead by Newsboys
Live At The Masquerade by Thousand Foot Krutch
Live In Concert by Manafest
and Christmas In Diverse City by tobyMac

Justin Morden said...

I probably would have added the Newsboys album, but unfortunately, I have not heard it yet. :(

CoUrTnEy said...

I didn't see this when you posted it! Great list! I haven't heard Matt Maher's new one yet though! It must be pretty good though since it is #2 on your list!

Justin Morden said...

Thanks for the comment, Courtney! Yes, Matt Maher's latest release is a great album! Lots of good tracks from that album. I believe my review for it is somewhere on this site if you're interested in reading it. :)

Josh said...

You should hear the new album from Newsboys called God's Not Dead. It is a real awesome album. I know you would love it being a fan of Newsboys. I hope you check it out as soon as you can.

Justin Morden said...

@Josh I probably definitely would have added that album if I had listened to it! Gotta get myself a copy of it soon! :)