Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bible Verse of the Week: Nahum 1:7-The Lord is Our Refuge

"The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him." -Nahum 1:7
I love this verse because it is plainly stated yet very powerful. The beginning is wonderful, simple truth--the Lord is good. The verse continues that He is a our refuge. Psalm 46 says that God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. God causes inescapable trials to either test our faith or punish a wrongdoing. Even so, He is forgiving and provides a way out for us when we repent. Thus, He is always with us as our help. Next, He cares for the ones who trust Him. David reiterates in Psalms of his trust in God..."In the LORD I put my trust" (Psalm 11)..."But I trust in Your unfailing love" (Psalm 13). From personal experience, I am certain that God knows and cares for those who trust and have faith in Him. I encourage you to trust God that He is good, your ever-present refuge, and cares deeply for you. ~Jesselyn

No comments: