Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Bible Verse of the Week: Romans 1:16a

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes." -Romans 1:16a
This is a verse that I use to constantly keep my spiritual development in check. Paul asserts that he is unashamed of the gospel; are you ashamed of it? An easily answered question when you are not pressured by the world. If your answer is no, then why not? Paul explains that it is the salvation of all believers, bestowed upon by the power of the Almighty. Simply read, but what does this mean to us? We must first analyze if we are true believers, then recognize that the gospel is God's power for our vital salvation. I would like to add that shame of the gospel can be expressed through actions as well. If you eschew Christian principles with peers, then you are indirectly stating that you are ashamed of your salvation. Submit yourselves to God's power, be grateful for your salvation, and be unashamed of the gospel. -Jesselyn

2 comments:

Justin Morden said...

Great devo this week, Jess! I like how you mentioned that we can be expressing shame of the gospel through actions and not just words.

Jesselyn said...

Thanks, Justin! I am glad that God directed me to add that ending part.