Monday, April 16, 2012

Bible Verse of the Week: James 4:8a

"Come near to God, and He will come near to you." -James 4:8a

No matter how many times I read this scripture, I find myself needing to be constantly reminded of its truthful message. It is not difficult for us to forget to solely submit ourselves to God. One day He may feel close to us, but the next He feels confusingly distant. Whenever we feel far, there is a bitter and almost guilty emptiness in our hearts. One thing easily overlooked is that that distance was our own doing. Many relate with David in Psalm 22:1 in which he cried out, "My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Why are You so far from saving me?" However, could it be that we have forsaken Him? Then, how will He come near to us again or at all? We must come near to Him first. I encourage you to draw nearer to God, for it is promised that He will fill your life with joy (just as He has filled mine). ~Jesselyn

No comments: